THESE MINUTES ARE DRAFT UNTIL CONFIRMED AT THE NEXT MONTHLY MEETING OF THIS COUNCIL AND/OR COMMITTEE
MINUTES OF Extraordinary Council Meeting of the Council of the City of Randwick HELD ON
Saturday, 27 February 2016 AT 7.10am
The Mayor, Councillor N D’Souza (Chairperson) (South Ward)
Councillor G Moore (Deputy Mayor) (West Ward)
North Ward - Councillors K Neilson, L Shurey & K Smith
South Ward - Councillors R Belleli & P Garcia
East Ward - Councillors T Bowen, M Matson &
West Ward - Councillors S Nash & H Stavrinos
Central Ward - Councillors A Andrews & T Seng
General Manager Mr R Brownlee
Director City Services Mr J Frangoples
Director City Planning Ms S Truuvert
Director Governance & Financial Services Mr J Smith
Manager Administrative Services Mr D Kelly
Manager Business Performance Projects Ms C Foley
Communications Manager Mr J Hay
Manager Corporate Improvement Ms A Warner
Prayer & Acknowledgement of Local Indigenous People
The Council Prayer was read by Cr Seng. The Acknowledgement of Local Indigenous People was read by Cr Shurey.
Apologies/Granting of Leave of Absences
An apology was received from Cr Stevenson.
RESOLVED: (Bowen/Shurey) that the apologies received from Cr Stevenson be accepted and leave of absence from the meeting be granted.
Declarations of Pecuniary and Non-Pecuniary Interests
Address of Council by Members of the Public
Prior to consideration of the Agenda by the Council, deputations were received in respect of the following matters:
NR3/16 Notice of Rescission Motion submitted by Crs Bowen, Stevenson, Neilson and Moore - Local Government Reform Update and Submissions
For Margaret Hogg
Notice of Rescission Motions
MOTION: (Moore/Bowen) that the resolution passed at the Ordinary Council meeting held on Tuesday 23 February 2016 in relation to Item GM2/16 (Local Government Reform Update and Submissions) and reading as follows:
1. Randwick City Council is fit and sustainable for the future and our community and council would prefer to remain as a stand-alone entity;
2. a Randwick Transition Working Group be established consisting of the proposed Local Transition Committee members;
3. Council endorse the attached Transition Leadership Framework including the Randwick Transition Group’s (RTG) delegations as outlined in the responsibilities of the RTG;
4. Council submit the attached ‘Randwick City Council – Council Boundary Review Submission on the Merger Proposal: Randwick, Waverley and Woollahra Councils’ to the Delegate, Dr. Robert Lang, subject to any minor amendments;
5. Council submit the attached ‘Local Government Act Review – Phase 1 Amendments - Randwick City Council Submission’ to the Office of Local Government, subject to any minor amendments; and
6. That Council formerly advises the Minister for Local Government of its submission and seeks clarification that Randwick Councillors will be maintained in office during the transition process in order to oversee the following significant objectives on behalf of the local community;
a) advancing Council’s adopted Light Rail Support Plan and funding package in order to ameliorate the impact of the CBD to South East Light Rail on residents and local businesses;
b) finalising purchasing the Government owned share of the old Kingsford Market site at fair cost;
c) initiating purchase by Council of the Maroubra Bowling Club site to keep it as a community asset serving community needs;
d) retaining direct community input via elected Councillors into setting planning controls for Kingsford and Kensington against current development pressure;
e) retaining direct community input via elected Councillors into the ongoing upgrade of Heffron Park; and
f) retaining direct community input via elected Councillors into how Malabar Headland will be best protected and how the Coastal walkway will be extended around it.”
BE AND IS HEREBY RESCINDED. LOST.
The DIVISION was taken and the names of the Councillors voting FOR and AGAINST were as follows:
There being no further business, His Worship the Mayor, Cr D’ Souza, declared the meeting closed at 8.20am.
The minutes of this meeting were confirmed at the Ordinary Meeting of the Council of the City of Randwick held on Tuesday, 22 March 2016.