Extraordinary Council Meeting
Tuesday 2 December 2014
Administrative Centre 30 Frances Street Randwick 2031
Telephone: 02 9399 0999 or
1300 722 542 (for Sydney metropolitan area)
Fax:02 9319 1510
Extraordinary Council Meeting
Notice is hereby given that an Extraordinary Council Meeting of the Council of the City of Randwick will be held in the Council Chambers, 1st Floor 90 Avoca Street Randwick on Tuesday, 2 December 2014 at 6pm.
We humbly beseech you to bestow your blessings upon this Council and to direct and prosper our deliberations to the advancement of your glory and the true welfare of the people of Randwick and Australia.
Acknowledgement of the local indigenous people
“I would like to acknowledge that we are here today on the land of the Bidjigal people of the Dharwahal Nation. The Bidjigal people are the traditional owners and custodians of this land and form part of the wider aboriginal nations of the Sydney area. On behalf of Randwick City Council I would also like to acknowledge and pay my respects to the Elders both past and present.”
Apologies/Granting of Leave of Absences
Declarations of Pecuniary and Non-Pecuniary Interests
Address of Council by Members of the Public
In respect to Privacy & Personal Information Protection Act, members of the public are advised that the proceedings of this meeting will be recorded for the purposes of clause 69 of Council’s Code of Meeting Practice.
Mayoral Minutes, if any, will be distributed on the night of the meeting.
Notice of Rescission Motions
NR15/14 Notice of Rescission Motion from Crs Bowen, Moore and Stevenson - Mayoral Minute - Fit for the Future.................................................................................... 1
Notice of Rescission Motion No. NR15/14
Subject: Notice of Rescission Motion from Crs Bowen, Moore and Stevenson - Mayoral Minute - Fit for the Future
Folder No: F2004/06554
“(Mayor, Cr T Seng) that:
1. Council establishes a working party consisting of the Mayor, a representative of the ALP Councillors, a representative of the Greens Councillors, a representative of the Independent Councillors, and the General Manager, to undertake the necessary due diligence to enable Council to respond in accordance with the ‘Fit for the Future’ templates, due June 2015;
2. Council advises the United Services Union that it is supportive of the Union’s objective of ensuring the protection of Council employees’ conditions and the request for the establishment of a peak committee of representatives from Council’s management and the relevant Unions to consult on the development of Council’s response to the NSW Government’s ‘Fit for the Future’ policy;
3. outcomes of the working party’s due diligence be reported back to Council; and
4. Council consults with the local community by way of a plebiscite or other means to determine our community’s view on amalgamations.”
BE AND IS HEREBY RESCINDED.
If the Rescission Motion is carried, it is intended to move the following motion:
“That Council note the USU letter that the best way for Local Government reform is through engagement and consultation and:
1) Council conduct an urgent consultation or plebiscite of Randwick residents, ratepayers and community organisations to ascertain whether there is any support for amalgamations of Randwick City Council.”