The Mayor, Cr B. Notley-Smith (East Ward)
South Ward - Cr R. Belleli (Deputy Chairperson)
East Ward - Cr M. Matson
West Ward - Cr B. Hughes (Chairperson)
Central Ward - Crs A. Andrews & T. Seng
North Ward - Cr P. Tracey
Crs Kenny and Woodsmith.
General Manager Mr. R. Brownlee.
Director, City Services Mr. J. Frangoples.
Director, City Planning Ms. S. Truuvert.
Director, Governance & Financial Services Mr. G. Banting.
Manager Administrative Services Mr. D. Kelly.
Media Officer Ms. A. Power.
Tree Preservation Officer Mr. B. Bourke.
Manager Library & Community Services Ms. B. Todes
Library Coordinator Ms. R. Chan.
1. APOLOGIES/GRANTING OF LEAVE OF ABSENCES.
An apology was received from Cr White.
RESOLVED: (Matson/Andrews) that the apology from Cr White for non-attendance at the Works Committee Meeting of the Council held on Tuesday, 9th October, 2007 be received & accepted.
2. CONFIRMATION OF THE MINUTES.
CONFIRMATION OF THE MINUTES OF THE WORKS COMMITTEE MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY, 11TH SEPTEMBER, 2007.
W49 RESOLUTION: (Matson/Belleli) that the Minutes of the Meeting of the Works Committee held on Tuesday, 11th September, 2007 (copies of which were circulated to all Councillors) be and are hereby confirmed as a correct record of the proceedings of that meeting.
3. DECLARATION OF PECUNIARY & NON-PECUNIARY INTERESTS.
4. ADDRESSING OF COUNCIL BY MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC.
5. URGENT BUSINESS.
W50 RESOLUTION: (Andrews/Mayor, Cr. B. Notley-Smith) that:
(a) the following Library policies be adopted:
2. Library Services Lending Policy
3. Library Opening Hours Policy
4. Library Fees and Charges Policy
5. Library Internet and Personal Computer Access Policy
6. Library Community Bus Policy
7. Servicing Children and Young Persons in Randwick City Library Policy
8. Library Volunteers Policy
9. Library Work Experience Placement Policy
10. Library Book Clubs Policy
11. Document Delivery Policy
12. Hire of Facilities Policy; and
(b) a report be brought back to council detailing various internet filtering systems that could be utilised in Council libraries.
MOTION: (Andrews/Mayor, Cr. B. Notley-Smith) CARRIED – SEE RESOLUTION.
6.2 DIRECTOR, CITY SERVICES' REPORT 71/2007 - COUNCIL-OWNED FICUS 'HILLII' (HILL'S WEEPING FIG) GROWING OUTSIDE 16 HELENA STREET, RANDWICK. (F2004/07359)
W51 RESOLUTION: (Mayor, Cr. B. Notley-Smith/Seng) that the Council-owned Ficus microcarpa var. ‘Hillii’ (Hill’s Weeping fig) growing on the nature strip outside 16 Helena Street, Randwick, be removed and replaced with an appropriate number of more appropriate tree species – as per Council’s Street Tree Masterplan.
MOTION: (Mayor, Cr. B. Notley-Smith/Seng) CARRIED – SEE RESOLUTION.
7. CONFIDENTIAL ITEMS
8. NOTICES OF RESCISSION MOTIONS.
The meeting closed at 6.19 p.m.