South Ward - Crs R. Belleli (Chairperson) & A. White
East Ward - Crs B. Notley-Smith & M. Matson
Central Ward - Crs A. Andrews & T. Seng
Crs Kenny, Procopiadis and Woodsmith.
General Manager Mr. R. Brownlee.
Director, City Services Mr. J. Frangoples.
Director, City Planning Ms. S. Truuvert.
Director, Governance & Financial Services Mr. G. Banting.
Manager Administrative Services Mr. D. Kelly.
Manager, Integrated Transport Mr. T. Lehmann.
Manager, Development Assessment Mr. K. Kyriacou.
Tree Preservation Officer Mr. B. Bourke.
1. APOLOGIES/GRANTING OF LEAVE OF ABSENCES.
An apology was received from Cr Hughes.
RESOLVED: (Matson/Andrews) that the apology from Cr Hughes for non-attendance at the Works Committee Meeting of the Council held on Tuesday, 8th May, 2007 be received & accepted.
1A. LEAVE OF ABSENCE
Leave of Absence had previously been granted to the Mayor, Cr P. Tracey, Minute No. 80 of 24 April, 2007.
2. CONFIRMATION OF THE MINUTES.
CONFIRMATION OF THE MINUTES OF THE WORKS COMMITTEE MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY, 10TH APRIL 2007.
W17 RESOLUTION: (Matson/Andrews) that the Minutes of the Meeting of the Works Committee held on Tuesday, 10th April 2007 (copies of which were circulated to all Councillors) be and are hereby confirmed as a correct record of the proceedings of that meeting.
3. DECLARATION OF PECUNIARY & NON-PECUNIARY INTERESTS.
4. ADDRESSING OF COUNCIL BY MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC.
5. URGENT BUSINESS.
W18 RESOLUTION: (Notley-Smith/White) that the two Council-owned Ficus microcarpa var. ‘Hillii’ (Hill’s Weeping figs) growing on the nature strip outside 2 and 4 Greville Street, Clovelly, be removed and replaced with an appropriate number of more appropriate tree species – as per Council’s Street Tree Masterplan.
MOTION: (Notley-Smith/White) CARRIED – SEE RESOLUTION.
6.2 DIRECTOR, CITY SERVICES' REPORT 20/2007 - OPERATION OF TRAFFIC COMMITTEE. (F2004/07866)
W19 RESOLUTION: (Andrews/Notley-Smith) that:
1. the information about the operation of the Traffic Committee be noted;
2. Council maintain the open nature of its Traffic Committees;
3. Council endorse the previously occurring practice of approval of Traffic Committee Recommendations and re-delegate this authority to the General Manager; and
4. as the process of notifying voting members and Councillors of Traffic Committee Recommendations, and implementing those Recommendations, is the most efficient manner by which Council can operate its delegated traffic functions, this process be again endorsed.
MOTION: (Andrews/Notley-Smith) CARRIED – SEE RESOLUTION.
7. CONFIDENTIAL ITEMS (CLOSED SESSION)
8. NOTICES OF RESCISSION MOTIONS.
The meeting closed at 6.04 p.m.