Cr P. Tracey (North Ward) (Chairperson)
North Ward - Cr M. Woodsmith
West Ward - Cr J. Procopiadis
East Ward - Cr M. Matson
Central Ward Cr A. Andrews (Deputy Chairperson)
General Manager Mr. R. Brownlee.
Director, City Services Mr J. Frangoples.
Director, City Planning Ms. S. Truuvert.
Director, Governance & Financial Services Mr. G. Banting.
Manager Administrative Services Mr. D. Kelly.
Communications Manager Ms. D. Brien.
An apology was received from His Worship the Mayor, Cr. T. Seng.
RESOLVED: (Matson/Woodsmith) that that the apology from His Worship the Mayor, Cr. T Seng for non-attendance at the Community Services Committee Meeting of the Council held on Tuesday, 14th February, 2006 be received & accepted.
1A. LEAVE OF ABSENCE.
Leave of Absence had previously been granted to Cr Kenny, Minute No. 507 of 22 November, 2005.
CONFIRMATION OF THE MINUTES OF THE COMMUNITY SERVICES COMMITTEE MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY, 8TH NOVEMBER, 2005.
C1 RESOLUTION: (Andrews/Procopiadis) that the Minutes of the Meeting of the Community Services Committee held on Tuesday, 8th November, 2005 (copies of which were circulated to all Councillors) be and are hereby confirmed as a correct record of the proceedings of that meeting.
3. DECLARATION OF PECUNIARY & NON-PECUNIARY INTERESTS
4. ADDRESSES TO COMMITTEE BY THE PUBLIC.
5. COMMUNITY SERVICES.
1. Council note and endorse the proposed activities planned for Seniors Week 2006 in Randwick City;
2. Council agree to fund the amount of $5,000.00 (inclusive of in kind support) toward the Young at Heart Film Festival, this amount being accessed via the Contingency Fund Budget;
3. All publicity relating to the Young at Heart Film Festival acknowledge Council’s contribution by displaying the Council logo;
4. All other partner organisations undertake to appropriately acknowledge and promote Council’s involvement in Seniors Week Events; and
5. The Mayor or his representative be given the opportunity to address Seniors Week events including the Young at Heart Festival, on behalf of Council.
MOTION: (Andrews/Matson) CARRIED – SEE RESOLUTION.
5.2 DIRECTOR, CITY PLANNING REPORT 4/2006 - INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY ART COMPETITION AND AWARD PRESENTATION. (F2004/06282)
C3 RESOLUTION: (Matson/Andrews) that Council agrees to support the International Women’s Day Art Competition and Award Ceremony.
MOTION: (Matson/Andrews) CARRIED – SEE RESOLUTION.
6. GENERAL BUSINESS.
6.1 ESTABLISHMENT OF A PERFORMING ARTS CENTRE (F2004/08008)
C4 RESOLUTION: (Andrews/Procopiadis) that a report come back to Council on the options for a permanent venue for a performing arts centre.
MOTION: (Andrews/Procopiadis) CARRIED – SEE RESOLUTION.
7. NOTICE OF RESCISSION MOTIONS.
The meeting closed at 5.40pm.